Any tips, secrets, or information on accessing and replacing the alternator on a 2008 Bobcat Toolcat 5600. The battery light comes on and the machine eventually locks up. I have checked the voltage and it seems like the alternator is not working. I would like to access the alternator and check for corroded or broken wires and check for current at the source. Any information on accessing or replacing the alternator would be greatly appreciated.
From Service Manual Pages 60-30-5.6
- Raise the cargo box and install the approved cargo box support device.
- Remove the passenger seat
- Drain the engine coolant. (just enough so that the level is below the thermostat housing)
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the red wire from the back of the alternator coming from the battery.
- Disconnect the wire harness from the rear of the alternator.
- Remove the ground wire and bolt from the front of the alternator.
- Disconnect the coolant hose from the thermostat housing.
- Remove the adjusting bolt from the top mounting bracket.
- Remove the bolt holding the top bracket. Remove the bracket.
- Remove the strap.
- Remove the last mounting bolt and nut from the front of the alternator.
- Remove the alternator.